Boo-Bear - December 2006, 10 years old

My dear little Bubbies, I knew from the moment that I saw you that we were meant to be together. From the day you were born, you were filled with such spirit and spunkiness. You were my little travel buddy, and it didn't matter if everyone else on this earth told me not to buy you something, I would have done it anyway - simply because you could look at me with such excitement and wagging tail that my heart would melt. You had me wrapped around your paw and you knew it. You were my one and only Baby Boy.

I remember Papa and I taking you to the lake and watching you swim (even thought the water was only about seven inches deep, you looked perfect). I remember how you would sit on my lap and attack anyone who came within five feet of me. I remember watching you chase down Maddie, even when she didn't do anything to provoke you. I remember the times that you would sit up straight for as long as you thought it were necessary to get whatever you wanted. I remember taking you for ice cream. I remember dressing you up in all those outfits and you not complaining a bit. I remember taking my wedding photos with you and thinking how handsome you looked in your tuxedo. I remember taking you for a ride in the truck and you wanting to sit on my shoulders. I remember dressing you up for Halloween and going trick-or-treating at Grandmama's house. I remember how brave you were when you found a critter in the yard and wanted me to stand back - you were going to protect me. I remember going into a store and not being able to come home without having bought you a toy or a suprise. I remember how excited you would be when you would see my truck pull into the yard, how you would run up to greet me when I got home. I remember waking up to your sweet smiling face everyday for ten years. I remember how your bark sounded. I remember you waiting up for me to go to bed, even after all the rest of the family was sound asleep. I remember you squeaking your ball to let me know you were there. I remember how tough you were when Papa and I would take you to the vet. I remember how I held your paw every night just to be able to get to sleep. I remember just how soft your little fur felt. I remember how you could always cheer me up in the darkest of times. I remember how you would sit there by my side and watch movies and eat popcorn with me till the wee hours of the morning. I remember everything about you and you will be forever in my heart for all that you gave to me. I shall never forget you my precious Bubba-Boo!

So Thank You my little baby boy for giving me ten amazing years filled with nothing but love. You never left my side. Thank you for comforting me when no one else could - never wanting anything but my love. Well, maybe a cookie or whatever I was eating at the time. For sharing my thoughts, my fears, my joys. Thank you for being my best friend, my little Angel Butt, my constant companion, my Sunshine, my entire world. I know that now you're no longer hurting and you can now run faster than you ever did. I know that you are playing with Misty Dawn and Molli-Lynn. I know that in my heart you loved me with such unconditional love that I'll never be able to repay you for that, but please know my little Precious Boy, I loved you the same. There's now a part of me that I'll never be able to fill again. You are my sweet little Boo and I don't know how I will ever make it without you right by my side. I just hold on so dearly to the fact that when it's my time to go, you'll be waiting by that gate, wagging your tail and looking at me with those amazing big dark eyes. Until then my baby boy, please play with your toys, eat as much food as you want to, go swimming, roll around on your back, run those beautiful meadows full of sweet-smelling flowers, and please don't forget that you're constantly in my heart. I love you my Boo-Bear. Love your Momma, Papa, Grandmama, Grandpa, Maddie, Sosha, Doc, and everyone else whose heart that you touched.

Annie Sue Wiggle - December 2006, 15 years, 11 months, 15 days old

Annie Sue Wiggle lost her battle with renal failure on 10 December 2006 after knocking on death's door in February. She was kind enough to give us eight more months of herself until she could fight no more. We will always have a hole in our hearts for you, Little Anne. You were and always will be Daddy's Baby Girl.

When your pain ended, ours began for the rest of our lives. You were a gift and we will always treasure the sharing of your life.

Maxwell Cass - December 2006, 11 years, 9 months old

My boy, Max, passed to the Bridge on 6 December after suffering for ten months with Cushing's disease. He was my luv bug. Always near me, lying at my feet or beside me on the sofa. The end of the sofa was his, he would whine if a guest sat at his place on the end of the sofa. He always waited for me to get out of the shower so he could lick my feet dry. I know he will be waiting at the Bridge along with Katee for me. My two special mini dachshunds will always be in my heart.

Sissy Ann Kozak - December 2006, 9 years, 10 months, 24 days old

Dear Sissy Ann,

I miss you so much. You know that if I had known that the other day would have been the last day, I would have held you longer or let you lie by my side a bit more. I would have let you kiss me over and over again. If I had only known what was to come. But I did not know. I am sorry for your pain, I wish I could have felt it for you. I am sorry I was not there when you looked for me to save you. I will never forgive myself. I miss you now more than ever. Even though you were Cranky Granny, I loved you just as you were. It's hard to believe that your time has come so soon. I would never have thought it would be like this. I alway thought it would be peaceful.

If I had known that on that day
Our time was near the end...
I would have done things differently
My forever friend.

I would have stayed right next to you
Deep into the night...
But I thought I'd see you in the
Early morning light.

And so I said 'Good-night to you
As I walked in through the door...
Never thinking of the time when I'd
See you no more.

But if I had known that on that day
Our time was at the end...
I would have done things so
Differently...I am glad you found me...and that I found you...

My forever friend.

Sissy Ann Kozak 4 February 1996 - 1 December 2006

Charlie Brown Kurtz - December 2006, 8 years, 5 months old

Charlie Brown came into our lives 15 short months ago. He was a rescue from a puppy mill, and at the age of seven, completely stole our hearts. We hadn't planned to get another dog, but when I saw his picture and read his story, he touched my heart and we had to have him. We planned on being a hospice for Charlie, given that he had several severe medical problems, and we didn't expect to have him for more than a couple of months, at most. Thank God we had him for 15 months! Although his poor body had been terribly abused and most all of his hair came off, leaving thick, crusty skin in its place, and the fact that he only had four teeth, Charlie had a zest for life to rival anyone! He had to eat canned rabbit and potato dog food because of allergies and lack of teeth, but he loved to eat! Fourth meal at 10 p.m. was a ritual he wouldn't let anyone forget! He loved bananas for snacks and also Nutastics. Somehow he changed the lives of everyone he came in contact with - especially ours. He knew he was loved, and actually had tears in his eyes when we went to the vet the last time. He didn't want to go, but his body was so ravaged it just couldn't hold on anymore. Charlie, we will love you forever, little man. We know you're happy with Schnapps and Oscar, restored to your former handsome self. We look forward to the day we can join you at the Bridge and enter Heaven together. We won't ever forget you and the impact you had on our lives. Please, please to anyone reading this, in memory of Charlie, do not EVER buy a puppy from a pet shop. Please do all you can to end the horrors of puppy mills forever! We'd like to think that Charlie's life and death was not in vain.

We hope you have lots of squeaky toys and bananas at the Bridge. Love you forever and a day, Charlie - Mom, Dad, Heidi, Ruger, Buttercup, along with your human brother and sister, Matt and Meghan

Gidget (Do-Little) - December 2006, 10 years, 20 days old

Gidget was only the size of a little peanut when I got her back in the winter/spring of 1997. She was born on 4 December 1996. I had never been attached to an animal so much. She was housebroken from day one. As I grew to know her over the following 10 years, I collected over 140 dachshund knick-knacks from around the world, not to mention paintings of dachshunds. She touched my life in no way anything ever had before. My love for animals grew. I began raising birds, hamsters and guinea pigs, but she was always my favourite. I would put her in the shower with me and use the best products on her for dogs, with lots of aloe, shipped from Key West, Florida!!!! I would sing to her in the shower as well. She loved this. She slept with me every night under the covers. I fed her the best of premium dog foods as well. A couple of days ago (around 21 December or so) there was some saliva and blood stains on my bed sheets. I figured she cut her gums or something on a rawhide. She was ok for a day or so, then she did this again. I took her to the vet who immediately referred me to an emergency clinic. She had a tumor under the back of her tongue. I did not see this, but her tummy was totally bruised under the skin with bleeding and that was not even there that morning. Upon taking her to the emergency clinic, they did a blood test which indicated her platelet count was very, very low. The vet said that this was probably because the mass under the tongue was cancer and it threw her body into an auto-immune response. She never showed any symptoms up until the last 48 hours. The emergency clinic cared for her for about 24 hours. I called to check on her on Christmas eve, 2006, and they said she had taken a turn for the worse. She was vomiting blood and had bloody stool. Gidget did not respond to her treatment of steroids and tetracyline. She was dying. The vet said I had no choice but to euthanise. I was at work at Petco and my parents had to come pick me up and take me to do this. I begged God to forgive me, but when I saw her I knew she was very sick. She could barely hold up her head, but that gosh darn tail was still waggin' heart ached. I held her head in my hands and kissed and coddled her in tears until she gently was put down. I felt her presence come into me as a warm secure feeling, as if to say 'I am with you'...I am not kidding when I say this...she will always be here and be a part of me...My Little Do-Little, Gidget...Love You Always, Baby, Heather

K.C. - December 2006, 10 years, 5 months old

Oh My Baby Girl, how we miss you so... I can't even begin to tell you how much of a void we have in our lives since you left.

We knew just how special you were the day we picked you out from the litter at six weeks old when you walked right up daddy's arm..seems just like yesterday. You gave us ten years of laughter, companionship and mostly LOVE. You were an amazing friend who fought the hard fight and beat the odds more than a few times.

Even when you were paralysed you never gave up. All the months of not being able to walk, not able to control your bodily functions, and most importantly not being able to chase the squirrels and all of the rehab in our pool - you never gave up. The day you started to walk again and eventually to run again was so miraculous. Even Dr Arnone said he was amazed. He had never seen a dog with an injury as severe as your walk again - and you did!!

After years of being pain free it seemed as if steriods would be the trick to keep you out of pain but in the end it was what took you from us - much too soon. I am so grateful that the morning you passed something made me go back in the house as I was leaving for work. I got down on the floor with you and gave you a kiss goodbye - I knew in my heart it was the last time I would see you - and I was right.

I am also so grateful that daddy was home with you holding you in his arms when you said goodbye. You were home and and not in some vet office. Im so glad the last thing you saw was the face of someone who loved you so dearly - and always will.

I am writing this for daddy because it is still so hard for him to walk in the house and not hear you bark or see you at the top of the steps when he walks in. We miss your kisses, your smell, the way you used to dig in the yard, the way you used to just know we were upset and lick our tears, the way you used to sit straight up on you bottom, the way you used to float around in the pool holding your ball, the way you used to tackle Snoopy, the way you used to 'hoover' for crumbs, and your warm body in the bed between us each night. We miss everything about you baby girl, and look forward to the day when we can all be together again. Rest well my girl.

Susie Campton - December 2006, 9 years, 10 months old

Our dear Susie - forever in our thoughts and always in our hearts. All our love, Mummy

Charlie-Brown - December 2006, 4 years old

Charlie-Brown, my sweet companion, you will be missed dearly and thought of fondly...may you rest in peace my sweet girl. I love you, mommy

Huntington Redford Milbourn, a/k/a Squeeker - December 2006, 13 years, 3 months old

Huntington was the sunshine of our lives. Santa brought him to my son, Cory, when Cory was five. It was such an exciting day for all of us. Through the years Huntington (or Squeeker as we affectionately called him) provided us with much joy. Unfortunately, we discovered at an early age that he had a spinal disc disease. He was treated with cortisone and steroids and remained active up to the end. When Squeeker was about five, we decided to get another dog, a Maltese named Little Bit. They became fast friends and loved to rough house. Around five years of age, out of the blue, Little Bit started having seizures and died within the next 10 to 12 hours. I don't know if the family or Squeeker was more upset. So after a few months, it was decided to get a friend for Squeeker. With his on-going back problems, I was fearful of getting another dachshund, so I decided on a Yorkie and we named him Willie. By now, Squeeker was not as spry as he had once been, but he was a good sport and played (on occasion) with Willie. One day in early December 2006, I came home from work, let the dogs out of their crates to go outside. All seemed fine until they actually got outside, and poor Squeeker was not able to use his left hind leg. Things went downhill pretty fast from there. I immediately rushed him to the emergency pet hospital, and they gave him a shot of cortisone. The next morning I took him to the regular vet, who suggested surgery. He was 13 years old, we had just celebrated his birthday in October, and after talking it over with the kids, we decided it wouldn't be fair to put him through surgery and the recovery, so we let the doctor try to use progressive drugs and cage rest to see if he would walk again. Three days passed, with no progress, so again the family gathered and made the difficult decision to let him go to the Bridge. We were all there with him when he took his last breath, and as sad as we all were, we had decided that it would have been selfish on our part to put him through anymore. We have since gotten two more dachshunds (or as we call them - wieners) named Morgan (female) and Nelson (male)...both long haired reds. Not a day goes by that I don't miss Huntington, and I know that we will see each other again, and he can give me all the kisses that I've been missing.Sadly missed by Kristy, Cory & Kaley

pawName Index

Click here to navigate to other locations on this site.